Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sandstorms...

 
I went for a run this evening. It's always dark when I get back so I'm running mostly in something that I think my father refers to as the "gloaming". Tonight, however, there was a decided fuzziness in the air and now I see why. From the China Post:
TAIPEI, Taiwan -- The Environmental Protection Administration (EPA) yesterday warned the public of a wave of sandstorms arriving today, which will affect air quality across the country, local media reported yesterday. Since last weekend, dust storms have been looming over some of China's provinces and they are moving towards Taiwan, according to the EPC's statement.
The sandstorms are to blanket the whole island today, together with a cold air mass and a cold front, the EPC added.

Wow! This is happening more and more often. I guess those guys across on the mainland aren't watering the plants.

On the plus side all this extra ground will negate the affect of the rising water from the melting ice caps.














Okay, it's not this bad....yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment