Saturday, March 20, 2010

Indian Country

 
Today I was supposed to go into Tainan City for 'business". But was side-tracked by coffee and the internet. Suddenly it was lunch time. Loaded the platoon into the car and headed into town. I was looking for somewhere to sit outside. And which served cold beer. Got both at the Indian restaurant - on Guanting Road.

Food was good. A plate of five Tandoori Lamb chops cost me R50 (200NT) and they were everything they were supposed to be. The lamb also cooperated most admirably with the Kingfisher beer. This lager does the trick. (Photo from my wife)






















According to the Kingfisher website it's India's No 1. selling beer with a 34% market share. And here's an amazing statistic:

Four beers are sold every second in India! (Is that better than the University of Stellenbosch at Intervarsity?). And one of those four beers is a Kingfisher.

I like to think that I played a role in maintaining Kingfisher's commanding presence in the beer market - at least this afternoon.

This is a link to the Kingfisher website.




No comments:

Post a Comment