Tuesday, October 19, 2010

2010 123K Taitung Triathlon

 
Race Day found me stressed out at 5am. I had slept little but the adrenalin was pumping. I ate half a bagel, drank some green tea/isotonic drink and started checking and re-checking my stuff. I walked into the transition area at 0600. Everything was very well organized. I found my spot, parked the bicycle and started unpacking my kit.




Then to the lake and an agonizing wait before the start.



Once I was going it was great. Swim went well and I held my pace. Finished in 58 minutes. A great relief. The morning was beautiful. A light drizzle for a bit and the amazing scenery made the bike ride an absolute pleasure.





My 21 K started at noon. It was hot and windy. 


But all worth it in the end.


Finish time: 7 hours 25 minutes. A towel, two shirts and a medal. Beautiful!

Thank-you so much to the Taiwan Super Triathlon Team for organizing such a great race.

Please don't hesitate to contact me with a question.

See you there next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment